If you have a passion for making the world’s best entertainment, then we want you to join us.
Be part of a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
Boat Rocker Digital
Boat Rocker Digital is seeking an ambitious Editing Intern excited to explore and edit the voluminous library of content produced and operated by one of the fastest growing media companies in the world. You will be working on a team dedicated to finding solutions to some of the biggest and most formidable challenges in the Media and Entertainment space.
As an Editing Intern for Boat Rocker Digital, your role will involve creating engaging assets for our various brands. Under the guidance and supervision of a Creative Producer, the Editing Intern’s work must excel while working collaboratively within a team or independently with significant autonomy. Candidates must have a working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and must enjoy all aspect of the post production process, including story, brand consistency, colour correct, and audio polish.
- Demonstrated post production experience via a portfolio of work
- Bachelor's Degree in Television or Film Production or equivalent real-world experience
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products: Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects
- Familiarity with project tracking software
- Capability of understanding and solving complex problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and present ideas clearly
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Taking creative briefs and bringing them to life using a variety of footage sources.
- Properly organizing footage and maintaining neat project files.
- Having a good instinct for pacing and storytelling.
- Working with various Producers on the vision for each video, including taking and interpreting rounds of notes.
- Giving each video a colour correct and audio polish in-house.
- Maintaining a positive can-do attitude with a problem-solver’s approach to road blocks
Interested applicants please email your resume to Bryce Hunter
or Sinead Wills
Boat Rocker Internship Program:
As one of Canada’s leading producers of television, film and digital media content, Boat Rocker Media believes that an integral part of keeping this industry successful is the training, mentorship and skill development of new industry professionals. With this in mind, Boat Rocker’s internship program enthusiastically offers placements within a variety of our departments, including Corporate Services (Business and Legal Affairs, Finance), Development (Scripted and Factual), Rights and Distribution, and Digital. Our goal with this program is to contribute to the growth of our industry through the quality training and development of future television professionals.
Our next placement will begin in January 2017 and run through to the end of March 2017.
While we are happy to liaise with schools offering applicable programs and courses, the Boat Rocker Internship program offers full-time placements and is run privately by Boat Rocker Media. It is not affiliated with any one educational institute.
Applications for each department will be received for at least 30 days before hiring takes place. We ask that each applicant specify which department they are applying to work within and accompany their resume with a cover letter or professional statement outlining their interest and/or experience in that field. Applicants are more than welcome to apply to work with more than one department, however, we do require that you apply separately for each department.
Please send your resume and cover letter or professional statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with your department of interest clearly stated in the subject line.
Note that although we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted