If you have a passion for making the world’s best entertainment, then we want you to join us.
Be part of a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
Radical Sheep Development Internship
Radical Sheep Development Internship
We are looking for a dynamic individual who takes initiative, feels passionately about children’s media and entertainment, and will support the Radical Sheep Development team on a variety of new and ongoing projects. Our ideal candidate has previous exposure to the industry with a broad understanding of the current media landscape from preschool to teens, and is eager to learn and adapt to the fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Managing the department’s filing systems, databases,
- Reviewing creative materials and composing coverage
- Coordinating travel and meetings
- Development research as requested
- Supporting ongoing production matters as needed
- Possess strong organizational skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Sharp creative instincts with a grasp of the current live-action and animation slates for each major children’s broadcaster.
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude,
and problem-solving approach
- General understanding of story structure, character
development and written prose is ideal
- A self-starter with a keen interest to learn
- Ability to communicate professionally in
person and via e-mail
- Confidence in person and on the phone
- Enthusiasm and passion for content
INTERNS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Develop creative critique and analysis
- Receive and provide feedback
- Participate in meetings
- Gain industry knowledge and skills
- Network with the employees at Boat Rocker Media, build
connections and gain exposure to different opportunities in
- 3 month internship with possibility of extension
- Compensation will be discussed with the successful
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Radical Sheep Development Internship" in the subject heading. In your cover letter, please tell us about your favorite current kids programming and/or broadcaster!
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Boat Rocker Digital
Boat Rocker Digital is seeking an ambitious Editing Intern excited to explore and edit the voluminous library of content produced and operated by one of the fastest growing media companies in the world. You will be working on a team dedicated to finding solutions to some of the biggest and most formidable challenges in the Media and Entertainment space.
As an Editing Intern for Boat Rocker Digital, your role will involve creating engaging assets for our various brands. Under the guidance and supervision of a Creative Producer, the Editing Intern’s work must excel while working collaboratively within a team or independently with significant autonomy. Candidates must have a working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and must enjoy all aspect of the post production process, including story, brand consistency, colour correct, and audio polish.
- Demonstrated post production experience via a portfolio of work
- Bachelor's Degree in Television or Film Production or equivalent real-world experience
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products: Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects
- Familiarity with project tracking software
- Capability of understanding and solving complex problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and present ideas clearly
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Taking creative briefs and bringing them to life using a variety of footage sources.
- Properly organizing footage and maintaining neat project files.
- Having a good instinct for pacing and storytelling.
- Working with various Producers on the vision for each video, including taking and interpreting rounds of notes.
- Giving each video a colour correct and audio polish in-house.
- Maintaining a positive can-do attitude with a problem-solver’s approach to road blocks
Interested applicants please email your resume to Bryce Hunter
, email@example.com or Sinead Wills
Boat Rocker Internship Program:
As one of Canada’s leading producers of television, film and digital media content, Boat Rocker Media believes that an integral part of keeping this industry successful is the training, mentorship and skill development of new industry professionals. With this in mind, Boat Rocker’s internship program enthusiastically offers placements within a variety of our departments, including Corporate Services (Business and Legal Affairs, Finance), Development (Scripted and Factual), Rights and Distribution, and Digital. Our goal with this program is to contribute to the growth of our industry through the quality training and development of future television professionals.
While we are happy to liaise with schools offering applicable programs and courses, the Boat Rocker Internship program offers full-time placements and is run privately by Boat Rocker Media. It is not affiliated with any one educational institute.
Applications for each department will be received for at least 30 days before hiring takes place. We ask that each applicant specify which department they are applying to work within and accompany their resume with a cover letter or professional statement outlining their interest and/or experience in that field. Applicants are more than welcome to apply to work with more than one department, however, we do require that you apply separately for each department.
Please send your resume and cover letter or professional statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with your department of interest clearly stated in the subject line.
Note that although we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted